Recipe by Foggyblonde
This is a recipe I adapted from how I make stew in a crock pot/slow cooker. The golden mushroom soup (I use Campbell's brand) makes a great gravy and you don't have to do anything to it. When I make it in the crock pot I don't even add water, I just use 2 cans of soup. The juice from the meat is enough liquid to make a great gravy. My family loves the taste and it is so easy!
Top Review by tla1
This was awesome!! I wanted to make something that I could enjoy now, and freeze some for later and this was a great recipe. Very tasty. I did have to thicken it up with cornstarch at the end, but it was great (I like my stew very thick!) Try this you will be very pleased!
- 29.58 ml canola oil
- 680.38 g stew meat
- 1 large onion, cut up
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 red potatoes, cut into chunks
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 4.92-9.85 ml dried parsley
- 8-12 button mushrooms, rinsed and halved
- 283.49 g condensed golden mushroom soup
- 283.49-566.99 g water
- 1-2 beef bouillon cube (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in bottom of pressure cooker until hot and add the meat all at once (do not turn for at least 1 minute - you really want to let the meat sear
- Stir the meat, letting it brown on all sides. Next, add the onions, carrots, mushrooms, potatoes, salt, pepper, parsley, golden mushroom soup, water and optional beef bouillon(the bouillon gives a stronger flavor)
- Lock the pressure cooker lid in place and bring to high pressure over high heat.
- Cook 15 minutes.
- Cool pot immediately and serve.
- If the gravy isn't thick enough then stir a bit of cornstarch to some cold water (only about 1 T to half a cup of water) and add to the gravy. Bring to a boil and the gravy will thicken.