1/3 Photos of Pressure Cooker Golden Mushroom Beef Stew
This is a recipe I adapted from how I make stew in a crock pot/slow cooker. The golden mushroom soup (I use Campbell's brand) makes a great gravy and you don't have to do anything to it. When I make it in the crock pot I don't even add water, I just use 2 cans of soup. The juice from the meat is enough liquid to make a great gravy. My family loves the taste and it is so easy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 lbs stew meat
- 1 large onion, cut up
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 red potatoes, cut into chunks
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 8 -12 button mushrooms, rinsed and halved
- 10 ounces condensed golden mushroom soup
- 10 -20 ounces water
- 1 -2 beef bouillon cube (optional)
- 1Heat oil in bottom of pressure cooker until hot and add the meat all at once (do not turn for at least 1 minute - you really want to let the meat sear
- 2Stir the meat, letting it brown on all sides. Next, add the onions, carrots, mushrooms, potatoes, salt, pepper, parsley, golden mushroom soup, water and optional beef bouillon(the bouillon gives a stronger flavor)
- 3Lock the pressure cooker lid in place and bring to high pressure over high heat.
- 4Cook 15 minutes.
- 5Cool pot immediately and serve.
- 6If the gravy isn't thick enough then stir a bit of cornstarch to some cold water (only about 1 T to half a cup of water) and add to the gravy. Bring to a boil and the gravy will thicken.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pressure Cooker Golden Mushroom Beef Stew
Serving Size: 1 (659 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 527.0
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 113.5 mg
- Sodium 830.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 44.6 g