Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found on the internet
- 2 cups hot milk
- 1 cup whipping cream or 1 cup half-and-half
- 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 3⁄4 cup long grain rice
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 cups water
- light brown sugar
- Mix milk, cream, margarine, rice, sugar, cinnamon, and lemon rind in metal bowl that fits loosely in a 4- or 6-quart pressure cooker.
- Cover bowl firmly with aluminum foil.
- Place 2 cups water, cooking rack or steamer basket, and bowl in cooker.
- Close cover securely.
- COOK 20 MINUTES, at 15 pounds pressure. Let pressure drop of its own accord.
- Open pressure cooker and let rice steam, uncovered, 15 minutes.
- Stir to mix. Spoon into bowls; sprinkle lightly with brown sugar.