Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Easy way to do your corned beef year round.
Make and share this Pressure Cooker Corned Beef recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs corned beef brisket
- 2 tablespoons pickling spices
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 onion, chunked
- 1 celery rib, chunked
- 2 cups water
- rinse and dry brisket with paper towels.
- Brown brisket in pressure cooker fat side down. Add onion, garlic, celery, water and spices.
- Set cooker to 75 minutes on High pressure and secure lid. Let cool down on it's own.
- While meat is cooling down in the pressure cooker steam cabbage wedges, red new potatoes and chunked carrots until fork tender. Use the veggies you like. Some add parsnips but we are purists.
- Place meat on a large platter surrounded by veggies. Serve with mustard and soft butter for the veggies.
This was a wonderfully tender and easy way to make corned beef. And so quick compared to boiling it. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe with a pressure-cooker newbie. I only made corned beef this time, but can't wait to also serve it with the carrots, cabbage and potatoes. YUM.
Since I normally use my corned beef for sandwiches, I want to share a technique that makes corned beef slice nicely, rather than crumble when sliced. Immediately after cooking corned beef, wrap it very tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold. Unwrap. Using a sharp knife and holding the corned beef tightly close to where you will be cutting the next slice, slice cold corned beef across the grain into thin or thick slices.