1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Becky Wagner's Note:
I have been experimenting with different recipes in an attempt to duplicate the Chile Verde at my favorite Mexican restaurant. This is my best attempt so far and I made it up while looking for ingredients at the grocery store. It's nicely spicy but not too hot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs pork sirloin roast, cubed into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, presses or finely chopped
- 2 (7 ounce) cans salsa verde (I used Herdez brand)
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4 tablespoons diced jalapeno peppers
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 cups water
- 1Put all ingredients in a pressure cooker.
- 2Lock lid and bring up to pressure on high heat, lower temperature and simmer at 15 psi for 40 minutes.
- 3(If you don't have a pressure cooker you can simmer on the stove for approximately 3 hours until pork is tender, adding more water as necessary).
- 4Remove from heat and let the pressure come down.
- 5Remove the lid and simmer until the liquid is reduced by about half.
- 6Serve with warm flour tortillas, grated cheese and sour cream.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pressure Cooker Chile Verde
Serving Size: 1 (763 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 530.8
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 164.7 mg
- Sodium 852.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 53.0 g