Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe uses my Pressure Cooker Chicken Fillets, Basis for Savory Pies Etc "Pressure Cooker Chicken Fillets, Basis for Savory Pies Etc" up to Step 9 as a basis for preparing the chicken. That means that you have before you a heap of yummy chicken, stock and mushy herby veggies and can now make your lasagna... This recipe contains no cans of "cream of..." soups, or milk or cream in the sauce and is one that whips up in next to no time because most of the work has been done while in the preparation of the chicken stage. No boil lasagne noodles here in The Netherlands come in (dry weight) packets of 250g (8.8 oz) and there are 30 small sheets to a package.. I use about 80% of a packet to make this. ZWT REGION: Italy.
- 1 kg cooked chicken (I use my pressure cooker chicken recipe)
- 400 g frozen spinach
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 -3 cups chicken stock (from pressure cooker chicken fillet recipe)
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced
- 200 g cheese (grated)
- 200 g no-boil lasagna noodles
- Heat oven to 180°C (355°F).
- First make the sauce by melting the butter over a low heat, add the flour and nutmeg and then all all but a few Tablespoons of the chicken stock. Stir until thickened, set aside to cool slightly.
- Drizzle the chicken stock that you reserved into the bottom of a 23 x 23 cm ( 9 x 9 inch) high sided oven dish.
- Layer some of the the dry, no boil lasagne noodles on top if this. I use layers 2-3 sheets thick.
- Layer in the following order repeatedly until you have used all ingredients, (the last layer should be grated cheese).
- Shredded cooked chicken, then some of the mushed vegetables, spinach,tomato (if using) more noodles, then sauce, cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes until top is golden brown and lasagna noodles are cooked.
It's chicken noodle casserole. I like that you cook the lot all together in the pressure cooker and then have just a few things additional to assemble. But I think if I was going to make this again I might experiment with some different seasoning and possibly consider some other kind of sauce.