Recipe by LearningKat
This warm, tasty dish was my first-ever pressure cooker recipe. It is fast, nutritious, and most importantly - delicious!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in two-inch pieces
- 2 cups uncooked long-grained white rice
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 0.5 (15 ounce) jar curry sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Set your pressure cooker to brown. Add one tablespoons olive oil and heat it up.
- 2. Saute the chicken until lightly golden - remove from the cooker with a slotted spoon.
- 3. Add the other tablespoons of olive oil and heat it up. Add the pepper and onion and saute until somewhat softened.
- 4. Add the two cups of rice to the cooker, and stir well.
- 5. Add the broth, curry powder, and chicken and stir again.
- 6. Distribute the tomatoes and simmer sauce over the top of the rice, veggie and chicken mixture. DO NOT STIR THESE IN - just let them rest o top.
- 7. Set the cooker to 15 psi, and set it for 8 minutes.
- 8. Once time is up, wait five minutes while some of the pressure releases naturally.
- 9. After five minutes, use whatever your quick release method is on your pressure cooker to release the rest of the pressure.
- 10. Mix everything well and ENJOY!