1/2 Photos of Pressure Cooker Chicken Curry
This is an adaptation of a few chicken curry recipes. This is a great meal to serve on a cold winter's day. Easy to prepare and very quick in the pressure cooker. Freezes well for once a month cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 skinless chicken quarters (cut up if desired)
- 2 large onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons curry powder (all in one blend to make it simple)
- 1 green apple, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 (14 ounce) chicken broth or 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup yogurt
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1Add oil to a very hot pressure cooker pot.
- 2Brown the cut up chicken pieces nicely on all sides, remove to rest.
- 3Add the onions and sauté till light golden brown.
- 4Add Garlic and sauté until onions are dark golden brown.
- 5Add the curry powder to the pot and stir until fragrant.
- 6Add the diced apple, water, salt and pepper.
- 7Return Chicken to the pot.
- 8Stir once again to distribute evenly.
- 9Place lid on pressure cooker tightly.
- 10Heat on high until the weight begins to jiggle. Lower heat immediately to a level that keeps the weight just barely moving. Cook for 12 minutes.
- 11Remove pot from heat. When the pressure has been reduced, open the pot. Stir the ingredients very gently.
- 12Combine 2 Tbsp flour and yogurt together.
- 13Stir some of the hot liquid from the pot into the yogurt mixture, then pour the mixture into the pot and stir to blend. Simmer for 5 minutes on a low heat.
- 14Serve over hot fluffy rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pressure Cooker Chicken Curry
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.6
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 3.9 mg
- Sodium 471.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
skinless chicken quarters