Recipe by afaivre
This is an adaptation of a few chicken curry recipes. This is a great meal to serve on a cold winter's day. Easy to prepare and very quick in the pressure cooker. Freezes well for once a month cooking.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 skinless chicken quarters (cut up if desired)
- 2 large onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons curry powder (all in one blend to make it simple)
- 1 green apple, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 (14 ounce) chicken broth or 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup yogurt
- 4 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Add oil to a very hot pressure cooker pot.
- Brown the cut up chicken pieces nicely on all sides, remove to rest.
- Add the onions and sauté till light golden brown.
- Add Garlic and sauté until onions are dark golden brown.
- Add the curry powder to the pot and stir until fragrant.
- Add the diced apple, water, salt and pepper.
- Return Chicken to the pot.
- Stir once again to distribute evenly.
- Place lid on pressure cooker tightly.
- Heat on high until the weight begins to jiggle. Lower heat immediately to a level that keeps the weight just barely moving. Cook for 12 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat. When the pressure has been reduced, open the pot. Stir the ingredients very gently.
- Combine 2 Tbsp flour and yogurt together.
- Stir some of the hot liquid from the pot into the yogurt mixture, then pour the mixture into the pot and stir to blend. Simmer for 5 minutes on a low heat.
- Serve over hot fluffy rice.