Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
I modified this recipe from one I found in Lorna Sass's book, "Pressure Perfect." Tomato sauce has a high sugar content,and it burns easily. I find it's a good idea not to let tomato sauce come in contact with the bottom of the pressure cooker. I just add the cooked vegetables to the pressure cooker, then the chicken, and then the pasta sauce, without stirring.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 10 ounces mushrooms
- 8 skinless chicken thighs, fat removed
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- Brown onions on medium heat, then add garlic and cook a few minutes longer.
- Add mushrooms and cook until soft.Transfer mushrooms, onion and garlic to pressure cooker, covering the bottom evenly.
- Add red and green peppers to pan and cook until crisp-tender, then transfer to pressure cooker, layering on top of mushroom mixture.
- Brown chicken in pan and layer on top of peppers. DO NOT STIR.
- Add 1/4 cup pasta sauce to the pan, and scrape up the brown bits, then transfer the pasta sauce with brown bits to pressure cooker.
- Pour remaining pasta sauce over chicken, add oregano and tomato paste on top. Do not stir.
- Cook at 15 psi for 8 minutes.
- Release pressure with natural release.