Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Delicious moist chicken and vegetables combine with wild rice to make a fabulous soup. The pressure cooker infuses the flavors in a marvelous way. Serve with garlic/cheddar biscuits and dinner is done!
- long grain and wild rice blend, Uncle Ben's (6 oz box)
- 2 1⁄4 cups chicken broth (reduced sodium, if desired)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups chicken broth (reduced sodium, if desired)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces baby portabella mushrooms, stems removed, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (optional)
- Cook Uncle Ben's rice according to package directions, substituting chicken broth for water.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in pressure cooker over medium high heat.
- Saute celery, carrot, onion, and garlic for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Add bay leaves, chicken broth, and chicken breasts to pressure cooker.
- Secure lid, bring up to pressure and reduce heat so regulator is rocking at high pressure.
- Cook for 7 minutes.
- Let pressure reduce naturally for 4 minutes and then quick release remaining pressure.
- Remove chicken from cooker to a cutting board to cool.
- Remove bay leaves and discard.
- Combine salt, pepper, and flour in a small bowl and set aside.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium low heat.
- Sift flour mixture into butter, stirring constantly until all of flour is absorbed.
- Heat and stir for 1 minute or until bubbly.
- Whisk milk into flour/butter mixture a little at a time.
- Cook, stirring frequenly, for 5 minutes.
- Add white wine to milk mixture and stir. If not using wine, may need additional milk for desired consistency.
- Chicken should now be cool enough to shred/dice and return to pressure cooker pot.
- When rice is done cooking, stir and add to pressure cooker pot with chicken and vegetables.
- Add milk mixture to pot and stir.
- Add additional water for desired soup/chowder consistency. Simmer for 10 minutes until warmed through.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with your favorite bread or garlic cheddar biscuits!