Recipe by petlover
This is a delicious recipe - my own ( based loosely upon some internet recipes) . You can use more or less cajun seasoning to your liking since its spicy. I serve this with fresh bread and white rice. The Cajuns might use Andouille sausage with this but I really like the hillshire lite smoked sausage ( its even better than the non-lite version, in my opinion).
- 2 -3 lbs whole chicken breasts, with bone cut into smaller pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 6 medium potatoes, cut into 4ths
- 1 cup white pearl onion
- 3 cups baby portabella mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 14 ounces of hillshire lite smoked sausage, sliced thickly
- 2 teaspoons tony charchere cajun seasoning
- 1 pinch thyme
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter and olive oil, over medium-well, in the bottom of a heavy , larger size, pressure cooker.
- Add chopped onions and garlic. Add chicken and mix up. Brown chicken ( mixed with the onions/garlic) by turning frequently.
- Add all the other ingredients. The chicken stock should come up almost to the top of the ingredients so that they are almost covered. Add more chicken broth if necessary. Make sure that the pressure cooker is no more than 2/3 full.
- Bring up to pressure and cook for about 45 minutes. Turn heat off and let the pressure come down naturally ( about 20 plus minutes give or take).
- Before serving-adjust seasoning with additional slat and pepper if necessary.