Recipe by manderson
I live outside of the US and the meat that I can get here can be pretty tough. I came up with this recipe after looking over several and playing around with it a little. The meal is ready to eat in about 30 minutes and the meat is fork tender. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Top Review by petlover
Excellent-Easy! The meat that i used could have used more time in the pressure cooker since we like our beef super soft and falling apart. Also, this was a bit bland so next time i will add more pepper and salt. Overall everyone liked this and i will make again./ Thanks Mary
- 1 -2 lb stew beef chunk (depending on your taste)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (I use dry mustard powder if I don't have Dijon on hand- any will work)
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons beef bouillon
- 1 (16 ounce) can mushrooms (sliced, undrained)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- cooked noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Place first 11 ingredients in pressure cooker. After securing lid bring to pressure and let simmer for 18-20 minutes at pressure then remove from heat.
- Once the pressure has subsided open the lid and stir sour cream into the broth. (I find that heating and stirring the sour cream well before hand, helps it to incorporate into the broth better).
- Finally, stir together water and cornstarch in a small bowl. (I use sour cream container to save dishes.) Add slowly to simmering broth, stirring continually.
- Serve over hot noodles.