Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
If you don't have a pressure cooker, this works fine in a dutch oven. Increase the beef broth to 3 cups and cook for 2 hours.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 lb lean beef, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- Mix flour, salt, and dry mustard in a bag.
- Add beef and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in pressure cooker; brown beef pieces.
- Add broth; bring to a boil.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Lock the pressure cooker lid in place and bring to high pressure over high heat.
- Cook for 12 minutes.
- Release the pressure, remove bay leaves before serving.