Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
If you don't have a pressure cooker, this works fine in a dutch oven. Increase the beef broth to 3 cups and cook for 2 hours.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 lb lean beef, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- Mix flour, salt, and dry mustard in a bag.
- Add beef and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in pressure cooker; brown beef pieces.
- Add broth; bring to a boil.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Lock the pressure cooker lid in place and bring to high pressure over high heat.
- Cook for 12 minutes.
- Release the pressure, remove bay leaves before serving.
I had a sudden craving for beef stew and found you pressure cooker recipe. I had all the ingredients on hand but left out the brown sugar and used less potato and more onion and carrots. I loved the bit of mustard flavor. The balsamic vinegar and tomato paste added just the right amount of sweetness to balance the canned tomato and beef flavors. I'm slow and it took 30 mins. prep time but then it only takes 12 mins. to cook! Thank you MizzNezz for another wonderful recipe.
This was my second dinner from my pressure cooker and it was SOOOO goooddd!!!! Easy and quick and all in one pot. I was starving after work and this took less than 30 minutes from start to finish and it was delicious! Definitely will make again! Hubby likes it a lot too!!! This would go great on a bed of rice. If you don't like it too sweet next time just back off on the brown sugar a bit. I liked it just the way it was written. Thank you!!!
This will be my new official beef stew recipe.