Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Beef Broth. Use as a base for soups, gravies, stews etc.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef bones with marrow
- 1 1⁄2 lbs oxtails
- 1 onion
- 2 celery ribs
- 2 carrots
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon peppercorn
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 quarts water
- coat bones and oxtails with a bit of canola oil and salt.
- get cooker hot, put bones and tails in, do not crowd, brown, do in batches if needed.
- put meat, veggies, seasoning in pot, water to fill line, bring to boil uncovered, skim off foam/scum.
- fit and lock lid, bring to full pressure, adjust heat so jiggler barely jiggles.
- set timer for 45 minutes once full pressure is achieved.
- after 45 minutes let cool until pressure subsides naturally, open lid carefully, it will still be hot.
- strain through colander into a big pot, strain again through cheese cloth.
- pressure cooking can make food taste a little dull, to brighten the flavor add a little lemon juice or sherry.