Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This was always one of my mothers favorite meals to cook when I was growing up. A traditional Sunday dinner or whenever company came to eat!
- 3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 -2 clove of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles, approx
- mashed potatoes (optional)
- Cut roast into 2-3" size pieces Brown meat in cooker with oil Add onion,garlic, salt and pepper to meat Add water Close cooker with regulator in place and cook for 35 mins with regulator rocking slowly
- Let pressure drop on its own.
- NOTE:*** Some cookers use a regulator with different settings for pressure, ones with no settings will rock slowly on a fairly low heat
- Remove meat from cooker Add more water (at least 1 cup) to remaining liquid and bring to a boil.
- Add egg noodles making sure there is enough liquid to cook them for 8-9 mins or until tender
- Lower the heat to a slow boil and keep adding more water if needed.
- The broth will thicken during the cooking time to form a gravy consistency.
- When noodles are done, return meat to the pot.
- The Beef and Noodles can now be served as they are or over mashed potatoes (Optional, but GREAT!).
This flavor is incredible! Just make sure you use enough salt. It really makes a difference. Also, no need for mashed potatoes.
I think the recipe calls for too much meat, so I use 2 lbs or less of beef. I also add 8 oz. sliced mushrooms, crinkle-cut carrots and crushed rosemary. No need for mashed potatoes. It is fantastic!