Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Don't let this recipe scare you.It really is'nt difficult. I know pressure cookers are rarely used anymore,but you need one for these mouth watering sandwiches..
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 green onion
- 1 onion
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 3 cups ketchup
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Saute chopped onions in butter.
- Mix onions with all the remaining ingredients in large sauce pan and simmer for 2 hours.Stirring occasionally.
- While the sauce is simmering.Pressure cook a 6 pound pork butt till it falls apart according to pressure cooker cookbook.About 2 hours.Cool and hand shredd.To serve,place a large handful of meat on the bun and top with a generous amount of BBQ sauce.Left over sauce can be frozen for up to 2 months.Or you can mix sauce with any left over pork and freeze for sandwiches.
Had this at my wedding reception and its not only good but feeds alot of people, eveyone enjoyed them