Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I tend to eat my pudding warm but this may be refrigerated and held for a couple of days.
- 1 medium very ripe banana
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dark rum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups water
- Have four 6 oz souffle dishes on hand.
- Puree the banana in a food processor or blender.
- Add half and half, condensed milk, sour cream, rum and vanilla and mix well.
- Strain mix through a fine strainer.
- Transfer to souffle dishes and cover tightly with aluminum foil Add 2 cups of water to bottom of pressure cooker.
- Insert steamer basket and add souffle dishes.
- The water should not reach the steamer.
- Add the trivet, if necessary to keep the water from touching the dishes.
- Close the pressure cooker and bring up to pressure.
- Reduce heat to a very loow setting to stabilize pressure and cook for 12 minutes.
- Release pressure immediately and remove souffle dishes.
- Uncover immediately.
- To store in the refrigerator, cool them, uncovered, to lukewarm.
- cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
This recipe doesn't tell you what to do with the eggs or when to add them,.