Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe is super easy and super quick(compared to the common method). I use an electric pressure cooker so I'm not sure how it will work with a stove top pressure cooker(I worry that it may scorch) but with this method you have no worries of scorching with an electric presure cooker. FABULOUS!!! I am including altered instructions at the bottom for a chunkier apple butter which I prefer to the smoother version.
- 16 apples
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Core and slice apples.
- Place in 4 qt electric pressure cooker.
- Cook for 1 1/2 hours.
- Once steam has escaped through steam valve and remove lid.
- Carefully transfer apples to blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer back to pressure cooker pot and add brown sugar and spices.
- Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Release pressure and stir. (this will seem to be watery but it does thicken).
- Transfer into 2 qt jars with lids.
- Cover jars with paper towel while they cool.
- After apple butter is cooled, cover with lids and proceed as directed.
- You can either refrigerate, freeze, or can according to canning directions.
- **You can also peel and core the apples and use a potato masher instead of a blender. This produces a chunkier apple butter.
Unless I'm missing it, I do not see when the AC vinegar is added. I assume with the apples in the cooker?
Super easy and very delicious!!!! Thanks for sharing :)