Recipe by Serena #485247
Got from another user. LOVED IT so so easy yet so so delicious.
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
I have used this recipe for years but without the steak sauce, and lots of onion chunks. I tried it with A-1 steak sauce. I also browned the chops after seasoning them. I have to tell you, it was delicious. I use the regular old fashioned pressure cookers, have three and one large one for canning. Many times I would have all three on the stove. This is a keeper. I also reduced the time so the vegies were done and not soft.
- 8 center-cut pork chops
- 1 cup water
- 1 small onion
- 4 -6 medium diced potatoes
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce or 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- carrot (optional I personally did not use)
Directions See How It's Made
- brown pork chops in pressure cooker on both sides (use tongs easier) in 1/2 of the butter then salt and pepper well. (NOTE - Do NOT cover pan yet).
- have your potatoes and carrots already peeled and chunked into healthy meaty portions.
- have your onion diced into small peices.
- Take out pork chops with tongs and set aside for a moment while you add the onions and rest of butter to pork fat. then add potatoes and carrots (if using) then pork chops add the cup of water and the steak sauce ( the recipe called originally for Worcestershire sauce but I liked the steak sauce better) Put lid on and lock bring to high pressure once pressure is established put timer on for 15 minutes, Then use the regular release method and it is unbelievable a great dinner with soooo much taste in less than 30 minute (including prep if your good with a Knife)
- let me know if anyone likes it. Serena.