Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Quart jars of meat, pressure canned and ready for a meal in minutes. I always have some available in my cupboard for quick meals. The addition of the soup, helps create its own flavored gravy.
- 4 lbs stew meat
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushroom soup (celery would also work)
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (optional)
- Fill quart jars with stewing meat.
- add 1/2 tsp salt per jar.
- 1 tbsp of soup per jar.
- Cap and ring each jar.
- Put in canner following pressure canner directions.
- Process 10 pounds pressure for 90 minutes.
- I am at 3000 ft altitude.