Recipe by queenbeatrice
Another one of my DH's sushi recipes. He has been getting very good at this new venture of his.
- 3 cups prepared sushi rice
- 3 medium herring fillets, in vinegar sauce drained
- 1⁄2 japanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seed
- fresh ginger, sliced into julienne strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Moisten wooden sushi mold.
- Fill halfway up with prepared sushi rice and flatten out.
- Place thinly sliced cucumber and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Spread rice on top of cucumber up to the edges of mold; flatten with spoon.
- Place ginger strips atop rice then top with herring, skin side up.
- Press with wooden lid.
- Moisten knife and make slits along wooden mold.
- Place on serving platter and enjoy.