Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Everyday with Rachael Ray Magazine.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 slices crusty white bread
- 3⁄4 lb manchego cheese, sliced
- 2 piquillo peppers, chopped (can also use 1 roasted red pepper as a substitute)
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- While oil heats, make 4 sandwiches: 2 slices each of bread with the cheese and peppers in between.
- Add sandwiches to skillet and cook with a skillet weighing them down from above, preferably with some cans inside the skillet that presses them (this will put even more pressure on the sandwiches, making them more of a "pressed" sandwich).
- Once golden, about 3 minutes, flip and cook on the other side until also golden and cheese has melted, about 5 minutes more.