Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
There are several other similar recipes for this sandwich on Zaar, but this one is a little different. This is a remake from Rachael Ray.
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 (4 1/2 inch) round plain kaiser rolls or 4 (4 1/2 inch) brioche rolls
- 2 bananas
- 1⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In medium skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat, until crisp, 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain; cool.
- Tear each slice in half.
- Using a sharp paring knife, cut a slit in the side of each roll and open slightly to form a pocket, being careful not to rip the sides.
- Press each roll to flatten.
- Peel the bananas, then halve crosswise.
- Cut each banana half lengthwise into 3 slices.
- Place the banana slices on a work surface; spread 1 teaspoon peanut butter on each slice, then top with 1/2 t honey and a piece of bacon.
- Stuff 3 banana stacks into each pocket.
- Press the sandwich flat enough to fit inside the toaster and wipe any filling off the outside.
- Toast the filled rolls, slit side up, on the lightest setting until crusty, about 1 minute.
- Let the rolls cool slightly before slicing into wedges.
Mmm...liked the bacon in this. Only used 1 banana and it was almost too much. Very likeable all in all.