Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posting for ZWT6 for the Scandinavia region. This was found online for Swedish recipes. Sounds like a great refreshing salad to add to any dinner. Update: 7/21/2011, I made this to go along with dinner the other night. I added some slices of tomato and onion. Due to the fact that I like things tart, I decreased the sugar and a little on the salt, but did also add some garlic salt. I feel this is good recipe for those who like it not so tart, especially kids, but feel free to add other veggies and spices!!
- 1 English cucumber (the kind that come wrapped in plastic)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Peel and slice cucumber very thinly.
- Place layers of cucumber and salt in the bottom a flat bowl bowl, cover with plastic, then weight down and let stand about 10 minutes.
- Pour off liquid and combine it with the vinegar, sugar, pepper, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour dressing over cucumbers, garnish with chopped parsley.
Great! Love Vinegar and Cucumbers! First time without onions added for me. Thanks for sharing!
A recipe cannot get any simpler than this. I love recipes that take little work and give you a punch of flavor! Everyone loved this - even my DD who is not generally fond of anything with vinegar. :) Thanks for sharing. Made for Went to the Market Tag Game :)
This is a perfect accompaniment to salmon. I didn't use parsley as our plant in the garden looked a bit pathetic and I didn't have time to go to the store to get some more. The cukes were perfect though and the tanginess of the vinegar really cuts through the oiliness of fish such as salmon. Great recipe thank you! Made for ZWT6.