Recipe by diner524
Posting for ZWT6 for the Scandinavia region. This was found online for Swedish recipes. Sounds like a great refreshing salad to add to any dinner. Update: 7/21/2011, I made this to go along with dinner the other night. I added some slices of tomato and onion. Due to the fact that I like things tart, I decreased the sugar and a little on the salt, but did also add some garlic salt. I feel this is good recipe for those who like it not so tart, especially kids, but feel free to add other veggies and spices!!
- 1 English cucumber (the kind that come wrapped in plastic)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice cucumber very thinly.
- Place layers of cucumber and salt in the bottom a flat bowl bowl, cover with plastic, then weight down and let stand about 10 minutes.
- Pour off liquid and combine it with the vinegar, sugar, pepper, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour dressing over cucumbers, garnish with chopped parsley.