Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Best of Cooking Light
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 (3 ounce) hawaiian rolls, sliced in half horizontally
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- lowfat swiss cheese, divided
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and halved
- 12 dill pickle slices
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 6 ounces thinly sliced low-sodium ham (33% less-sodium)
- 2 ounces thinly sliced deli roasted turkey breast
- Combine oil and garlic.
- Spread cut side of rolls evenly with mustard. Place 1 cheese slice, 2 bacon halves, 3 pickle slices, and 1/2 teaspoons cilantro on bottom half of each roll. Divide ham and turkey evenly among bottom halves of rolls, top each serving with 1 cheese slice nad top of roll. Brush garlic oil evenly over outside of rolls.
- Heat a large nontick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 sandwiches to pan. Place a cast-iron or heavy skillet on top of sandwiches, press gently to flatten. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until cheese melts and bread is toasted (leave cast-iron skillet on sandwhiches while they cook). Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
These sandwiches are delicious. This is one of the very few recipes that I have never made a change to. All the flavors go together wonderfully.