Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 lb ground chuck
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup best quality mayonnaise
- 3 roasted garlic cloves, pureed
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices thinly sliced smoked ham
- 8 slices thinly sliced swiss cheese
- 2 dill pickles, sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices
- Form the meat into 4 (1/4-inch thick) burgers. Season the meat with salt and pepper on both sides and cook in a saute pan over high heat to medium doneness, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Combine the mayonnaise and roasted garlic in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Spread both sides of each bun with mayonnaise and mustard.
- Place a slice of cheese on the bottom portion of each bun, place the burger on top of the cheese, then top the burger with a slice of ham then another slice of cheese then the pickle slices.
- Place the tops of the bun over the pickles and cook on a sandwich press or wrap the burgers in aluminum foil and cook in a hot skillet over high heat with a heavy skillet placed on top of the burger to press the sandwich. Cook until golden brown and cheese has melted.
Very nice! Made as directed and DH said it was a very good burger! Liked all the Swiss cheese; really didn't taste the ham at all. It was fun to make and use a skillet with a large can of jalapenos on top of the burgers to "smoosh" then down. Thanks for a very good and oozy burger. Made for ZWT5, Genies of Gourmet
For the burger, I added worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and chopped onions. Was a good and tasty burger. Made " Victor's Cafe 52 Cuban Black Beans and Rice" #285323 by JackieOhNo with it. Made for ZWT 5, Sultans of Spice