Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Can't get to Cuba? Bring Cuba to you.
Make and share this Pressed Cuban Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 lb ground pork or 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning (copycat recipes on food.com)
- 8 thin slices swiss cheese
- 4 thin slices ham
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 12 dill pickle slices
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, lime juice and ground cumin; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground pork and steak seasoning. Form into 4 patties.
- Heat grill to high.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground pork or ground chuck and steak seasoning. Form into 4 patties.
- Grill the burgers, about 3-5 minutes on each side. Remove from the grill and leave the grill on.
- Spread the cut sides of each bun with cumin mayonnaise. Place a slice of cheese on the bottom of each bun and a burger on top of the cheese, then top the burger with a slice of ham. Add another slice of cheese, then three pickle slices. Cover with the tops of the buns and wrap each burger individually in aluminum foil.
- Place the burgers close together on the grill and rest a heavy skillet or a couple of bricks on top of them, pressing down if needed to flatten them. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.