A Creole dish from The Grocery restaurant in the Garden District of New Orleans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- 2 cups sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- 20 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lb fresh basil
- 2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO.
- 2Lightly pack the tomatoes into a 2 cup measuring up. Cover with very hot water until just immersed. Set aside.
- 3Use a processor until the garlic cloves are chopped finely.
- 4Remove the stems from the basil and add the leaves to the food processor. Pulse until no whole leaves remain.
- 5Add the tomatoes and the liquid they soaked inches Process until smooth.
- 6Add Parmesan cheese, vinegar, and oil. Process until smooth.
- 7Preheat a panini-press up to 125°F.
- 8cut the French bread into 8" lengths. Slice in half lengthwise. Spread the top with sun-dried tomato pesto and spread the bottom with mayonnaise and Creole mustard.
- 9Layer the chicken breast on the bottom slice of bread. Top with sautéed onion and two slices of provolone cheese. Place top slice of bread.
- 10Press for about 10 minutes, or until bread is golden and cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pressed Chicken-Pesto Melt
Serving Size: 1 (453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1138.1
- Calories from Fat 773
- Total Fat 85.9 g
- Saturated Fat 26.2 g
- Cholesterol 151.0 mg
- Sodium 1904.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 67.2 g