Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Creole dish from The Grocery restaurant in the Garden District of New Orleans.
Make and share this Pressed Chicken-Pesto Melt recipe from Food.com.
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- 2 cups sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- 20 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh basil
- 2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- French bread
- sun-dried tomato pesto
- creole mustard
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, grilled
- 1 sweet onion, sliced and sauteed
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO.
- Lightly pack the tomatoes into a 2 cup measuring up. Cover with very hot water until just immersed. Set aside.
- Use a processor until the garlic cloves are chopped finely.
- Remove the stems from the basil and add the leaves to the food processor. Pulse until no whole leaves remain.
- Add the tomatoes and the liquid they soaked inches Process until smooth.
- Add Parmesan cheese, vinegar, and oil. Process until smooth.
- Preheat a panini-press up to 125°F.
- cut the French bread into 8" lengths. Slice in half lengthwise. Spread the top with sun-dried tomato pesto and spread the bottom with mayonnaise and Creole mustard.
- Layer the chicken breast on the bottom slice of bread. Top with sautéed onion and two slices of provolone cheese. Place top slice of bread.
- Press for about 10 minutes, or until bread is golden and cheese is melted.