Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
If you love butter, then you will love this cookie! I used to love when my mom would make these for Christmas. It is my favorite cookie by far and I make them for special occasions! It is a cookie that you cannot stop eating once you start. They are very pretty among a plate full of other cookies if you use food coloring and cookie press for decorative shapes. My grandmother created this recipe and you can make a chocolate version by substituting 1/4 cup cocoa for 1/4 cup of the flour. This recipe can also be doubled easily.
- Cream together cheese and butter thoroughly.
- Gradually add sugar, mixing well.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Gradually blend in flour.
- If desired, add food coloring.
- Force dough through cookie press onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- If desired, decorate with various types of sprinkles, sugars, etc.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10- 12 minutes.
I made these cookies this morning. We really like them...I will be making them for Christmas. The dough is very tender and not too sweet. I did refridgerate the dough between batches. Thanks for a great recipe!
This recipe was so easy to understand and use. I had no problems. My cookies turned out beatifully and were so festive looking. The best part is how wonderful they tasted. I recommend this recipe for everyone to try.
While this is a delicious tasting dough, I found that I had to refrigerate the dough after the first "pressing" and in between each batch because it was so soft.