If you love butter, then you will love this cookie! I used to love when my mom would make these for Christmas. It is my favorite cookie by far and I make them for special occasions! It is a cookie that you cannot stop eating once you start. They are very pretty among a plate full of other cookies if you use food coloring and cookie press for decorative shapes. My grandmother created this recipe and you can make a chocolate version by substituting 1/4 cup cocoa for 1/4 cup of the flour. This recipe can also be doubled easily.
- Cream together cheese and butter thoroughly.
- Gradually add sugar, mixing well.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Gradually blend in flour.
- If desired, add food coloring.
- Force dough through cookie press onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- If desired, decorate with various types of sprinkles, sugars, etc.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10- 12 minutes.