Recipe by CountryLady
The "President's Choice" is a high end store brand in Canada that also publishes recipes. I'd rather have this dessert than chocolate....and I LOVE chocolate. Serve this at your next dinner party - you won't be disappointed!!!
Top Review by JackieMarie
THIS WAS EXCELLENT!!! I made it for Thanksgiving and everyone loved it!! I will definately make again and again! I did dip some lady fingers a tad bit to long, so if anyone is making this, make sure you dip it really really fast! They get mushy!
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 lb mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄2 cup strongly brewed coffee, allowed to cool to room temperature (preferably espresso)
- 1⁄3 cup coffee-flavored liqueur, such as kahlua
- 24 italian-style ladyfingers
- unsweetened cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat yolks& sugar with an electric mixer until thick& lemon coloured.
- Add mascarpone& beat until thick& smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold into mascarpone mixture.
- Combine coffee& liqueur.
- VERY QUICKLY, dip half of the ladyfingers into this mixture, then arrange in a single layer in a glass serving bowl.
- Cover with half of the mascarpone mixture.
- Repeat with the remaining ladyfingers& mascarpone mixture.
- Dust with cocoa powder.
- Cover with plastic wrap& refrigerate for at least 6- 8 hours& preferably overnight.