Recipe by Sharon123
This reportedly was eaten by President Nixon. Adapted from CD Kitchen. Enjoy!
Top Review by katie in the UP
Pretty salad! I looked like I was spoiling myself for lunch yesterday at work :) I shredded the lettuce for easier eating and added a couple of celery sticks. Thank you Sharon!! Tagged for ELECTION EATS 2008.
- lettuce leaf, washed and well dried
- 1 scoop low fat cottage cheese
- 4 rye crisps (or Triscuits or crackers of choice)
- 1 hard-boiled egg, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 fresh tomato, cut into wedges
- 1⁄4 cucumber, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced (or red bell pepper)
- 1⁄4 fresh pineapple, diced
- 1⁄2 fresh peach, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 fresh papaya, peeled and sliced