I have looked for years for a way to can avocados. I have finally given up on that. Freezing seems to be the only way. Those of us with trees in the yard get this abundance that cannot all be consumed. If you know another way, let me know. I will experiment with drying, however that will give a completely different result.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Puree the avocado with the lemon juice.
- 2Place in zip locks meant for the freezer, leaving a little "head" space for expansion.
- 3Date the bag and lay flat to freeze.
- 4I like to be sure the bag is no more than an inch thick. This way it is easy to break off a small piece.
Browse Our Top Seasonal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Seasonal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Preserving Avocado (Frozen)
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.6
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: