1/1 Photo of Preserves (Frozen Berries) Strawberry, Cherry, Blueberry
This is a a wonderful way to use frozen berries with ingredients readily available. Fresh taste
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon clove, or
- 1For the strawberry.
- 2roughly chop strawberries (this is easy with a processor or let strawberries sit at room temp for a few minutes to soften them and chop with a knife).
- 3mix all other ingredients and cook in a nonstick pan over meduim heat.
- 4stir frequently, cook at least 20 to 30 minutes. This will thicken as it cooks and a bit more after it cools. You will know when it is ready when it has greatly reduced and is thick. Patience.
- 5For the blueberry and Cherry.
- 6mix all ingredients and stir over meduim heat for 20 to 30 minutes. This will thicken as it cooks and a bit more after it cools. You will know when it is ready when it has greatly reduced and is thick.
- 7Each will produce about 2 cups of preserves and can be frozen or stored in the refrigerator for a couple weeks.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Preserves (Frozen Berries) Strawberry, Cherry, Blueberry
Serving Size: 1 (5220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6107.0
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 114.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1589.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 80.9 g
- Sugars 1460.4 g
- Protein 23.7 g