4 hrs 20 mins
This recipe is a time honored tradition in Trinidad and Tobago. Most people there dry it in the sun. I have adjusted to dry in the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove either end of the fruit and slice into 1/4 - 1/2 inch pieces.
- 2Place in a large pot and cover with water and add the sugar and spices.
- 3Bring to a boil and leave to cool for 3 hours. The fruit will soak up the sugar and spices.
- 4Preheat oven to 150F.
- 5Drain any liquid off and keep it for something else.
- 6Place fruit on baking sheets.
- 7Place in the oven with the door propped open to allow the steam to escape. Turn every hour or so until the fruit is done.
- 8Store in an airtight container.
- 9The cooking time is only an estimate, it will vary with how much you drained off, the humidity etc.
Browse Our Top 5 Ingredients Or Less Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All 5 Ingredients Or Less Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Preserved Star Fruit (Aka Five Finger or Carambola)
Serving Size: 1 (2517 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4772.7
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 462.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1202.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 56.1 g
- Sugars 1122.8 g
- Protein 18.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: