1/2 Photos of Preserved Oranges
1 hr 10 mins
These have a spiced, very orange flavor, and NOT overly sweet. Can be used as an accompaniment for roasted duck or chicken; a garnish for desserts; eaten with cheese. A slice on a toasted and buttered English muffin is delicious. Modified from a recipe from an Australian News website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil WHOLE oranges in salted water until soft. This should take about 25 minutes depending on size of oranges.
- 2Drain the oranges and cool slightly.
- 3When cool enough to handle, slice oranges thickly, picking-out and discarding seeds. Set sliced oranges aside.
- 4Combine SYRUP ingredients in a large pot. Bring to a boil then simmer for 20 minutes. Turn off heat.
- 5Gently add orange slices to the syrup in the pan. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- 6Carefully pack into jars, ladling syrup over to cover oranges.
- 7Adjust caps and water bath process 8 minutes.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Preserved Oranges
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.3
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 699.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 106.7 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: