1/1 Photo of Preserved Lime Tabbouleh Salad
2 hrs 40 mins
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 20 mins
I found this delicious looking salad from Cooking Light May 2010 issue. The magazine states that, "Preserved citrus is a key to many Moroccan and Middle Eastern dishes. Traditional recipes take weeks. Our version is ready in a few hours." They suggest serving this salad with grilled tofu steaks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml bulgur, uncooked
- 354.88 ml hot water
- 236.59 ml English cucumber, chopped
- 177.44 ml plum tomato, chopped and seeded
- 177.44 ml fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 59.14 ml shallot, finely chopped
- 44.37 ml kalamata olives, coarsely chopped pitted
- 396.89 g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 44.37 ml fresh lime juice
- 44.37 ml water
- 4.92 ml garlic, minced
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 0.25 ml sugar
- 2 quarters quick preserved limes, finely chopped (ingredients for this below)
quck preserved lime
- 1To make the quick Preserved Limes:.
- 2Combine all ingredients for the Quick Preserved Limes in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour. Cool to room temperature; cover and refrigerate. Discard peppercorns, cinnamon, and bay leaf before using. Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1 drained lime quarter).
- 3To make the Tabbouleh Salad:.
- 4Combine bulgur and 1 1/2 cups hot water in a medium bowl; let stand 1 hour. Drain. Combine bulgur, cucumber, and next 5 ingredients (through chickpeas) in a large bowl.
- 5Combine oil and remaining ingredients in a blender; process until smooth. Pour dressing over bulgur mixture; toss well to coat.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Preserved Lime Tabbouleh Salad
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.0
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7731.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.8 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 11.1 g