Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
...from the Williams Sonioma book, The Art of Preserving. Makes (1) quart jar.
Make and share this Preserved Lemons recipe from Food.com.
- Bring 1 1/2 quarts of water to a boil.
- In cold water, scrub lemons of any dirt or wax.
- Add lemons to water and bring back to a boil. Cook until softened for 3 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside to cool.
- Cut each lemon lengthwise leaving them attached at the stem.
- Sprinkle 1 Tbs. salt into the center of each lemon.
- Place 1 Tbs. salt in the jar and pack the lemons into the jar.
- Pour enough lemon juice to cover the lemons leaving ½” of headspace.
- Seal the jar tightly and keep in a cool, dark area.
- Rotate jar once a day for five days.
- Do not refrigerate until opening the jar. Lemons will keep fresh up to a year in the refrigerator.