Recipe by Miss Annie
These are a traditional Moroccan seasoning which can be use to add flavor to may dishes, including soups and stews. Recipe from: The Casablanca Cookbook by Sarah Key, Jennifer Newman Brazil, Vicky Wells
Directions See How It's Made
- Poke holes with a sharp knife all around the middle of the lemons.
- In a 1-quart (1 liter) jar, layer lemons alternately with salt to fill jar.
- Seal jar with airtight lid.
- By the following day, the mixture should have produced enough liquid to cover the lemons.
- If not, add additional salt.
- DO NOT ADD WATER.
- Let sit in cool, dry place for 2 weeks.
- After 2 weeks lemons are ready to use.
- Refrigerate at this point to store lemons up to 6 months.