1/2 Photos of Preserved Lemons
120 hrs 5 mins
This is an adaptation of Paula Wolfert's quick method, made even faster by blanching the lemons first. We love it in all kinds of salads and as a low-fat alternative to olives.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blanch 6 lemons in boiling water 5 minutes.
- 2When cool enough to handle, cut lemons into 8 wedges each and discard seeds.
- 3Toss with salt in a bowl and pack into jar.
- 4Squeeze enough juice from remaining lemons to measure 1 cup.
- 5Add enough juice to cover lemons and cover jar with lid.
- 6Let stand at room temperature, shaking gently once a day, 5 days.
- 7Add oil and chill.
- 8Preserved lemons keep, chilled, up to 1 year.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Preserved Lemons
Serving Size: 1 (1384 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 16.8
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1580.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 0.2 g