Recipe by Mirj
This is an adaptation of Paula Wolfert's quick method, made even faster by blanching the lemons first. We love it in all kinds of salads and as a low-fat alternative to olives.
Top Review by polly salama
this is it!!! my husband has been requesting it for some time now and finally i have it. although the process takes a long time to preserve(not the labor) it is very easy to make. we will have this around the house always and give as gifts this holiday season. thanks mirj!!
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch 6 lemons in boiling water 5 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle, cut lemons into 8 wedges each and discard seeds.
- Toss with salt in a bowl and pack into jar.
- Squeeze enough juice from remaining lemons to measure 1 cup.
- Add enough juice to cover lemons and cover jar with lid.
- Let stand at room temperature, shaking gently once a day, 5 days.
- Add oil and chill.
- Preserved lemons keep, chilled, up to 1 year.