1/1 Photo of Preserved Lemon Hummus
I am a hummus fiend and I like coming up for new versions. I had a jar of preserved lemons in my fridge and decided to give my latest hummus recipe an extra Middle Eastern feel. I originally made this recipe for my vegetarian food blog at weekendcarnivore.com .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the chickpeas, tahini, garlic and preserved lemons into a blender or food processor.
- 2Blitz in short bursts, pushing the mixture down when needed until everything is combined.
- 3Add the chickpea juice and mix for a few more seconds. If you want it less thick you can always add more of the juice.
- 4Taste a bit and decide if you need to add any salt. If you do add the salt and pepper. If not, just the pepper and mix for a couple seconds.
- 5Roughly chop parsley and zest a lemon.
- 6Serve topped with the parsley and lemon.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Preserved Lemon Hummus
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.9
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 308.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: