My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Into each of 8 clean, sterilized canning jars, place 1 hot pepper, 1/2 teaspoon dill seed, 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed, and 1 garlic clove.
- 2Firmly pack asparagus into jars, but don't force them; trim so that there is 1/2 inch head space.
- 3In a saucepan, combine vinegar, water, and salt; heat to boiling.
- 4Pour boiling mixture over asparagus, leaving the 1/2 inch head space.
- 5Use a plastic knife to release any air bubbles and seal jars.
- 6Process in a water bath canner for 10 minutes (start timing when water reaches a boil); let sit for 2 weeks before sampling.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Preserved Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 28.6
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1782.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried red peppers