Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Preserved Asparagus recipe from Food.com.
- 8 small dried red peppers
- 4 teaspoons dill seeds
- 4 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 6 lbs fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 5 cups distilled vinegar
- 5 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup canning salt
- Into each of 8 clean, sterilized canning jars, place 1 hot pepper, 1/2 teaspoon dill seed, 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed, and 1 garlic clove.
- Firmly pack asparagus into jars, but don't force them; trim so that there is 1/2 inch head space.
- In a saucepan, combine vinegar, water, and salt; heat to boiling.
- Pour boiling mixture over asparagus, leaving the 1/2 inch head space.
- Use a plastic knife to release any air bubbles and seal jars.
- Process in a water bath canner for 10 minutes (start timing when water reaches a boil); let sit for 2 weeks before sampling.