Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from a cookbook called Chai Lights and it is from the Ladies' Auxiliary of a Congregation in Fort Worth, TX. I must have acquired this at a yard sale! This is a dairy dish that can be an appetizer or a brunch buffet dish. Note: time does not incluce chill time.
- 1 (12 ounce) jar herring in wine sauce, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can cranberry sauce, whole berry
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- Drain herring on paper towels and discard onion in jar.
- In a bowl, mash the cranberry sauce lightly and add the yogurt and sliced onion.
- Now add the herring to the cranberry mixture and chill before serving.