Recipe by Wyo_Krista_Cooks
This is the way I've always made chocolate mousse. It's simple and ultra-decadent! I was surprised to see so many recipes posted using eggs because this recipe doesn't use any. We own an espresso shop and for catering banquets we replace the Kalhua with our own espresso!
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate, kahlua, and orange juice over low heat.
- Set aside to cool.
- Whip whipped cream with vanilla and sugar until thick and smooth.
- GENTLY fold in chocolate mixture.
- Pour into parfait or wine glass; chill until set.
- Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings or chocolate chips.
- (Cook time listed is for chilling; the actual time isn't important as long as you let it set up. OR, eat the whole batch warm straight out of the mixing bowl and forget the serving dishes altogether! HAHA!).