Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
For winter parties or year round.
Top Review by grandypink
These bars are somewhat crumbly. I think next time I make them I would press at least 2/3 of the crumb mixture on the bottom and only 1/3 or less on the top. I blended the cranberry sauce a bit to break up the berries for easier spreading on the cream cheese layer. These bars are very rich and delicious, a great way to use up leftover cranberry sauce after Thanksgiving or Christmas turkey dinners.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package spice cake mix
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (16 ounce) canwhole cranberry sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°; position oven rack in middle of oven; spray bottom only of a 13x9 inch metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, add cake mix and melted butter; blend 1-2 minutes with an electric mixer on low speed until well blended.
- Stir in oats with a wooden spoon; press half the mixture evenly into prepared pan; add white chocolate chips to remaining oat mixture; set aside.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese, condensed milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract with electric mixer on medium speed until blended and smooth.
- Spoon and spread cream cheese mixture over prepared crust.
- In a small bowl stir together the cornstarch and cranberry sauce until well blended; spoon over cream cheese mixture.
- Top with reserved crumb mixture and press down gently.
- Bake 35-38 minutes or until topping is set and firm to touch.
- Transfer to wire rack and cool completely; cut into bars.