from Prejeans Restaurant Lafayette LA. -this is really delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups butter, divided
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 small onions, finely diced
- 1/2 cup finely diced bell pepper
- 3/4 cup finely diced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion, bottoms
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic
- 3 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder
- 1 quart water
- 2 lbs crawfish tails
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion top
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1Combine 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup flour in a small saucepan. Stir while cooking for 3 minutes over medium-high heat; keep warm--this is the Roux.
- 2In a 4-quart saucepan, add 1/2 cup butter, onion, bell pepper, celery, and green onion bottoms; cook over medium heat while stirring for 8 minutes.
- 3Add paprika, peppers, garlic, and chicken bouillon. Cook 2 more minutes while stirring.
- 4Add 1 quart water, and bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- 5Add reserved roux, stirring well with wire whip. Reduce heat to medium, and boil for 3 minutes.
- 6Add crawfish, onion tops, and parsley; then stir in last 1/2 cup butter. Turn heat to low until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Crawfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prejeans Crawfish Etouffee
Serving Size: 1 (667 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 883.1
- Calories from Fat 654
- Total Fat 72.7 g
- Saturated Fat 44.4 g
- Cholesterol 426.1 mg
- Sodium 1853.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 38.4 g