Prejeans Crawfish Etouffee
- Combine 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup flour in a small saucepan. Stir while cooking for 3 minutes over medium-high heat; keep warm--this is the Roux.
- In a 4-quart saucepan, add 1/2 cup butter, onion, bell pepper, celery, and green onion bottoms; cook over medium heat while stirring for 8 minutes.
- Add paprika, peppers, garlic, and chicken bouillon. Cook 2 more minutes while stirring.
- Add 1 quart water, and bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Add reserved roux, stirring well with wire whip. Reduce heat to medium, and boil for 3 minutes.
- Add crawfish, onion tops, and parsley; then stir in last 1/2 cup butter. Turn heat to low until ready to serve.