Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
from Prejeans Restaurant Lafayette LA. -this is really delicious.
Make and share this Prejeans Crawfish Etouffee recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 small onions, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced bell pepper
- 3⁄4 cup finely diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion, bottoms
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic
- 3 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder
- 1 quart water
- 2 lbs crawfish tails
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion top
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Combine 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup flour in a small saucepan. Stir while cooking for 3 minutes over medium-high heat; keep warm--this is the Roux.
- In a 4-quart saucepan, add 1/2 cup butter, onion, bell pepper, celery, and green onion bottoms; cook over medium heat while stirring for 8 minutes.
- Add paprika, peppers, garlic, and chicken bouillon. Cook 2 more minutes while stirring.
- Add 1 quart water, and bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Add reserved roux, stirring well with wire whip. Reduce heat to medium, and boil for 3 minutes.
- Add crawfish, onion tops, and parsley; then stir in last 1/2 cup butter. Turn heat to low until ready to serve.