Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Clipped out from an unknown magazine.
- 1 3⁄4 cups Prego spaghetti sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a large bowl, mix thoroughly 1/2 cup of the Prego sauce, beef, bread crumbs, onion and egg. In a 12 x 8 inch baking pan, firmly shape meat into an 8 x 4 inch loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/4 hours or until done.
- In a 1 quart saucepan over medium heat, heat remaining Prego sauce to boiling, stirring occasionally. Serve sauce with meatloaf.
This meatloaf is a very different recipe. I did not expect such a big flavor difference with using the sauce but boy it really changed not only the flavor but the texture of what I normally think of as meatloaf. My DH and kids actually said it was too moist inside. I enjoyed the flavor but the family did not - they said it just tasted like meatballs. I'm wondering if adding a bit more breadcrumbs would help and less sauce. Tried it out for PAC Fall 2008.