Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quick and tasty weeknight dinner from Prego.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 28 ounces Prego Extra Chunky Mushroom & Diced Tomato Spaghetti Sauce
- 9 ounces mushrooms, sliced and drained
- 1⁄4 cup Burgundy wine
- egg noodles, hot
- In skillet over medium-high heat, in hot oil, cook chicken until browned.
- Pour off fat.
- In skillet, heat remaining ingredients to boiling.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover; cook 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve over noodles.
Super quick, super easy and delicious! No pasta used here, just served it up with some salad and additional sauteed mushrooms. Yum - thanks for sharing the recipe!
The temp on this July day reached 33 so I did this in the crock pot. I put some Classico Florentine Spinach and Cheese sauce into the bottom then 2 chicken breasts, then the fresh mushies and drizzled a bit more sauce on top. It cooked on low for about 8 hours (they were still a bit frozen). I skipped the wine as I didn't have any. This made a delicious dinner. The flavors blended very well and the chicken was fork tender. I'll definitely do this again.