Recipe by lazyme
This is so quick and simple for a fast weeknight dinner. I like to use the Prego Ragu Chunky Gardenstyle Tomatoes, Garlic, and Onions sauce.
Top Review by Rita~
Quick and easy. I did pound and season the breasts before coating. Placed them over cooked pasta coated in sauce to make a pre-prepared casserole so to have heat and eat meal. Thanks
- 1⁄2 cup dry Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, Prego
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine bread crumbs and cheese.
- Flatten chicken breasts with flat side of knife to 1/2-inch thickness. Dip in egg then in bread crumb mixture.
- In skillet, brown chicken in oil; drain on absorbent towels.
- Place in 2-quart shallow baking dish, 12x8x2. Top with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, covered at 400ºF for 20 minutes or until done.