Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is so quick and simple for a fast weeknight dinner. I like to use the Prego Ragu Chunky Gardenstyle Tomatoes, Garlic, and Onions sauce.
- Combine bread crumbs and cheese.
- Flatten chicken breasts with flat side of knife to 1/2-inch thickness. Dip in egg then in bread crumb mixture.
- In skillet, brown chicken in oil; drain on absorbent towels.
- Place in 2-quart shallow baking dish, 12x8x2. Top with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, covered at 400ºF for 20 minutes or until done.
Quick and easy. I did pound and season the breasts before coating. Placed them over cooked pasta coated in sauce to make a pre-prepared casserole so to have heat and eat meal. Thanks
This was very easy and quite tasty. I had 5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (which for us is 5 servings), so I thought I would need to double all the coatings/toppings, but actually the original amounts would have been just fine. I used olive oil to brown the chicken b/c I just plain wasn't paying enough attention. That tasted just fine. I used Prego Garden Chunky Vegetable sauce. The chicken was very tender and cooked just right. Thanks lazyme!
5 for quick & easy and tasty to boot!! I used my own homemade spaghetti sauce instead of Prego. This was super fast and everyone enjoyed it! Thanks lazyme!